Accounts Assistant (Edinburgh)
Davidson Chalmers Stewart is a leading independent commercial law firm operating from offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The firm’s underlying business rationale is to provide clients with excellent quality service which combines first-rate technical legal skills with practical commercial advice.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our close-knit, friendly, and supportive finance team within a busy legal cashroom. This role is based in our Edinburgh office.
The Accounts Assistant position is a varied role that would give the successful candidate experience with, and exposure to, both legal cashiering and non-legal accounting. The role would suit someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and who is willing to help on tasks outwith their specific role when needed, to support their team. There would also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a SOLAS qualification and become a fully qualified Legal Cashier.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience using online business banking
- Knowledge of purchase invoice processing
- Knowledge and experience in recording payments and receipts
- Positive attitude with a can-do approach, a desire to learn and an ability to use intuition
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- a desire to work in a close-knit team
- Previous experience using finance software
Duties will include:
- Monitoring Client and Firm bank accounts and allocating incoming payments
- Sending outgoing Client and firm payments using online banking
- Maintaining the purchase ledger for both client and firm
- Handling card payments
- Handling petty cash
- Any other duties as required
Normal working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30
Salary and Benefits
We offer a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV along with a cover letter or email indicating your current salary to Pamela Easton, HR Manager, Davidson Chalmers Stewart LLP, 12 Hope Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4DB (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).