The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 – Update on Key Dates.
Date: 31/08/2015 | Corporate
We recently advised you on the introduction of the Register of Persons with Significant Control (the “PSC Register”) – which will be implemented next year under the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015.
However, Companies House has published an update on the provisional implementation dates of the PSC Register together with other provisions due to come into force:
- PSC Register: Companies will now be required to maintain a PSC Register from April 2016, and file it with Companies House from 30 June 2016.
- Confirmation Statement: The confirmation statement is due to replace the Annual Return from June 2016.
- Statement of Capital: Changes to the statement of capital are due to take effect in June 2016.
- Director Disqualification: Amendments to the director disqualification regime are due to come into force in June 2016.
- Filing Optional Information: Companies will be able to supply additional voluntary information to Companies House under section 95 of the Act in late 2016/early 2017.
- Prohibition on Corporate Directors: The prohibition on corporate directors is now expected to come into force in October 2016.
- Registered Office and Director Disputes: Provisions in connection with registered office and director disputes will now come into force in December 2015.
Not all of the key implementation dates are being pushed back. Measures to conceal the day element of the date of birth of directors and the provisions to amend the strike-off process are expected to be brought forward to October 2015, as will the replacement of the director’s consent to act procedure.
Full details of the Companies House update can be found here.
As part of Davidson Chalmers’ company secretarial services we ensure that our clients are aware of and compliant with relevant new legislation. If you would like to learn more about our company secretarial services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our corporate team on 0131 625 9191.