Davidson Chalmers Stewart LLP is one of the most trusted names in the provision of renewable energy legal advice in Scotland. And when you’re operating in a sector as competitive and rapidly evolving as renewable energy you need lawyers who can deliver swift transactions, innovative solutions and prompt resolutions to complex disputes.More information
I head up the Davidson Chalmers Stewart Planning team, advising on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious planning law.
Acting for a wide range of clients, from developers and funders to public bodies, my practice includes:
- Policy and legislative analysis
- Consenting procedures and strategy
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement
- Objections, representations and appeals
- Statutory agreements, including planning obligations
- Commercial agreements, including for share and asset disposals/acquisitions
- Due diligence, legal audits and risk management
- Administrative law, local government law and judicial review
- Specialist issues, such as heritage and conservation
The Scottish Government’s Onshore Wind Sector Deal – September 2023
Planning Law Basics: Section 36 Consents
Covid-19 Planning Relaxations – The End is Nigh!
The Price of Planning in 2022
Planning Law Basics – Environmental Impact Assessment
Sustainable Development Hanging in the [Tilted] Balance
Elastic Approvals: Longer-life Planning Consents After COVID-19
What’s on the Horizon for Planning in Scotland?
Coronavirus – Update on Planning Services in Scotland
Covid-19 Impact on Planning Services in Scotland
Planning Law Basics – Planning Conditions
A “Boris Bridge” Over Troubled Water?
Short Term Lets (Airbnb) – The Next Chapter
A Christmas Caution – A Tale of Unregulated Festive Markets
Planning Law Basics – Section 75 Agreements
Future Looking Bright for Build to Rent Market
Planning for Airbnb: Key Issues and Upcoming Reforms
Rising from the Ashes – Planning Implications of Rebuilding Heritage Assets
Airbnb – Legal Issues and Reforms
More “Persons Aggrieved” in Scottish Planning Law